Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The cold is back! March 26th, 2012

  The temp was about 38 degrees when I headed out to my favorite stream today.  I waited until about noon to head out, thinking maybe, just maybe,  it would be a little warmer.  Well, it didn't get any warmer!  The brisk wind was also a factor.  SE Minnesota had rain over the weekend, so I was looking forward to some nice cloudy water.  I was mistaken, the water was crystal clear.  At least the sky was cloudy, and I did have on camos.  I worked pretty hard on some stretches that are harder to fish with thick brush, but only caught a handful.  I saw some monsters, but they were especially spooky, so they will be there next time.  I only took a pic of one brown that I thought had some unusual coloring.  The gold underbelly was beautiful.  After a few hours of bone chilling wind, I headed back, once again thankful for the bounty God has provided!

 

No comments: